Why You Need to Integrate ChatGPT into Business: Next-Generation Automation
Artificial intelligence is predicted to free up 30% of working time in the US by 2030. But business process automation has already taken over routine work and has long been the norm, so what can artificial intelligence offer?
Accounting, supply and sales management, CRM, document management - all these complex tasks have long since been reduced to data input and output. However, repetition is a critical requirement for standard automation. Complex processes that vary from task to task have only been possible to automate with the advent of artificial intelligence.
AI takes business process automation to a new level. While standard programs must be rewritten when a task changes, digital products with built-in AI adapt based on previous experience. How it happens. Take the example of recognising a hippo in an image. First, a machine algorithm is shown many pictures of hippos and is rewarded each time it guesses the animal's features. When the algorithm is well-trained, it is used to find the hippo in the images. But its training continues beyond there. With each image processed, the machine algorithm gets better at its work.
AI learns and improves automatically, almost like a human. But what can it do for business?
Processes With AI Integration
AI has vast business potential that we will be unlocking and mastering for a long time. The global AI market will be worth $1.35 trillion by 2030. Already today, the most potent language model, ChatGPT, is valued at $700,000 daily and has taken over processes that seemed impossible without human intervention.
- Operatorless customer service. The chatbot can instantly answer customer questions 24/7 and behaves like an expert in the dialogue, reducing response time by 70%.
- Smart data entry. ChatGPT can analyse emails, documents, customer feedback and other data, highlighting and extracting the correct information.
- Social media performance. AI can respond to user comments or prepare and publish blog articles.
- Working with content. AI writes product descriptions, optimizes website copy, answers interview questions, creates video scripts, and writes advertising copy, among other things.
- Scheduling. Personal customisation for the company allows for automatically creating and modifying meeting schedules, considering employees' busy schedules.
- Human Resource Management. ChatGPT helps recruiters instantly process hundreds of CVs, identifying the most suitable candidates according to the requirements of a particular position.
Quality execution of these tasks requires maximum flexibility, and ChatGPT meets these requirements but still needs additional customisation. Next, you will learn how ChatGPT is adapted to websites and commercial applications. What must you do to have an intelligent assistant at your fingertips without weekends and sleep breaks?
How to Implement ChatGPT in Business
Let's define Chatgpt from the tech side. It is a generative pre-trained transformer chat and a state-of-the-art AI system. Developed by OpenAI, it's trained on extensive text data fine-tuned for conversation. It excels in generating contextually coherent text responses. You ask, and it responds with what it knows about the subject in the context of your question. But if it's that simple, what's the purpose of customisation?
Understanding AI Integration
Customisation acts as a filter or refinement of your query and the AI's response accordingly. For example, you need to check 1,000 CVs to see if they match the requirements of a job vacancy. With the proper customisation, you won't have to copy the text of each CV and vacancy into the ChatGPT input box. Instead, you can upload the files conveniently; the output will be a single response document.
Another example of a professional ChatGPT setup is a stylised customer consultation. Your customers can ask questions and receive answers only within the company's communication style. Chatbot customisation adds a sense of caring and positivity to every response. This method of AI integration has already proven its effectiveness. User satisfaction increased by 50% with the introduction of a responsive chatbot.
Sometimes, inputs are graphical rather than textual. Professional AI integration allows you to translate graphics into text and elevate the resulting response into a picture. There is also a voice model.
The tasks vary, and the developers tailor the solution to the business's needs. Ptolemay assesses what ChatGPT can do for the company and proposes an optimal integration.
4 Steps That Ensure the AI Tools are Both Smooth, Productive and Customised
Ptolemay has developed its methodology for implementing ChatGPT into a business.
- Planning. We analyse the challenges and possible development points of the business's digital product, research the target audience, and suggest ways to integrate AI that will work for you.
- Development. All customisations are tailored to your business and style so customers feel comfortable using the new tools.
- Integration. After installing the OpenAI API and running a series of iterative queries to train the language model further, the integrated tools are tested to look for any bugs.
- Launch. When all bugs are fixed, we launch ChatGPT, but we don't leave you out of the loop. The developers ensure the features work correctly, improving and adding new features.
ChatGPT Integration Process
The mechanism for integrating a language model into a digital resource, be it an app, website, software, or social media group, can be done in two ways: through the OpenAI API or auxiliary tools and plugins.
Adaptation Via API
ChatGPT integration involves several steps, starting with requesting an interface to the OpenAI API in Python:
- Interface request: the developer sends an API request to OpenAI and receives an input prompt in the form of a message.
- Tokenisation: the API interface breaks the input prompt into smaller units (words, punctuation marks, Etc.) for processing.
- Fine-tuning: the developer customises OpenAI models for specific tasks or datasets to make them more useful and secure for user interaction.
- Response processing: the API returns a response that is also tokenised. You can then decode and format the response for use in your application.
- Temperature: the expert adjusts the "temperature" parameter to control the randomness of the responses. Lower values make the reactions more targeted and higher values make them more random.
- Number of tokens. To control the length of the response, you can set a maximum number of tokens. Remember that long conversations may need to be shortened.
For example, simulating a live conversation with a customer requires a higher temperature and more tokens than outputting data to build a table.
Implement ChatGPT Using Plugins
You can use off-the-shelf products to implement AI for your tasks quickly. For example, management systems like Jira Service Desk or ServiceNow help you set up a chatbot for customer support. Integrating a chatbot with the Slack platform automates responses, and a DevOps tool creates code comments and helps with documentation. Tools and plugins are also suitable for those who need to learn the intricacies of customisation, but the adaptation of off-the-shelf products is significantly limited.
Ptolemay uses the OpenAI API for ChatGPT integration. This is especially important for adapting flexible technology to a specific target audience. Before implementing AI, user problems are analysed and how they can best be solved. The customer's wishes are taken into account, and when all the rules are formulated and agreed upon, the developer starts customising the API.
Our article "How to Build an E-commerce App for Your Fashion Brand with ChatGPT" will help you better understand the issue of customising AI.
The Success of Businesses That Have Implemented ChatGPT
35% of companies are already using and 42% are about to implement AI. Across all industries, from commerce to medicine and education, these businesses have found themselves at an advantage due to:
- personalised customer advice;
- the ability to handle any volume of requests instantly;
- labour savings;
- increased brand credibility as a flagship in the world of cutting-edge technology;
- More accurate planning is achieved by analysing large amounts of data.
Let's look at several examples of implementing chatGPT in the digital products of companies in different industries.
- Duolingo. This language-learning app has added personalised rule explanation and interactive communication using GPT-4.
- Copy.ai. This platform has improved text output quality by letting a bot write it.
- Coca-Cola. The global giant in commerce is implementing OpenAI products to increase productivity in marketing and automate processes that require flexible scalability.
- Kahun. This tool for doctors uses a chatbot to translate patient complaints into more professional language.
- Expedia. This travel company has introduced chatbots so customers can book quickly, get recommendations, and leave reviews through live chat.
Banks are actively adopting AI. This year, chatbots are predicted to reduce costs for the financial industry by $7.3 billion.
The benefits of ChatGPT for e-commerce should be appreciated. AI can't give out unique ideas, but it is a powerful tool for implementing them. It quickly adjusts to specific target audiences to meet their needs, and it can outperform competitors by anticipating new trends by analysing customer behaviour on social media.
When is chatGPT useless?
In some cases, it may not be worthwhile to integrate ChatGPT into your business.
Low Customer Interaction. If your business has minimal online or customer interactions, the cost and effort of implementing a chatbot outweigh the benefits. For instance, if your website receives significantly few daily visitors or your customer base primarily engages offline.
Simple Queries. A chatbot may be unnecessary if customer inquiries and interactions with your business are straightforward and don't require complex decision-making or natural language understanding. For instance, if your customers typically ask basic questions with clear answers, automation may yield little returns.
Negative User Experience. If the chatbot's implementation and functionality are not seamless, it can lead to a frustrating user experience. Poorly designed or malfunctioning chatbots can deter customers and harm your brand reputation.
Ultimately, the decision to integrate ChatGPT or any chatbot into your business should be driven by a thorough analysis of your needs, customer interactions, budget, and the potential return on investment. While chatbots offer significant advantages, they are not a one-size-fits-all solution, and their value varies depending on the context and goals of your business.
ChatGPT is not just a dialogue box with AI on the other side of the screen; it's a transformative force that can take your business to new heights. By following expert guidance, you can leverage the power of ChatGPT to improve customer experience, optimise operations and stay ahead in a competitive business environment. It's time to change how you interact with your audience, and Ptolemay is your trusted partner on the road to innovation and success. Click through to find out how AI can transform your business.